Horse Float Cover
A Horse Float Cover Can Help Protect Both Your Float and Your Horses
Do you use a horse float cover to protect your float when you aren’t on the road? If not, it may be time to consider it. A good horse float cover can make a huge difference in how well your float withstands the seasons and how long it lasts.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Their Horse Float Storm Cover
When it comes to owning a horse float, there are several things to keep in mind regarding safety and aesthetics. It’s easy to make a mistake, even for seasoned pros. Here are a few common mistakes to avoid with your horse float.
- Not using it often enough. If your horse isn’t acclimated to your float, it may balk when it comes time to load up. Even if you manage to get him loaded safely, an out-of-practice horse may dance around nervously or bolt out the back doors when you open them. Take regular trips to ensure that your horse is comfortable and familiar with the process.
- Allowing your horse to overheat. Overheating is a common summertime problem for horses in floats. Keeping your float covered when not in use can help keep the temperature inside down, just as using a sunshade in your car can make it a little more comfortable when it’s time to get in.
- Failing to maintain your horse float. Rotten floors, rusted frames, poor electrical connections, and broken latches are just a few of the issues that can cause serious problems with your horse float. Check your float over regularly for small problems that need attention before they become more significant and cover it when you aren’t using it to keep it in the best shape possible.
The Importance of Horse Float Storm Covers
Your horse float is an investment and an essential part of taking proper care of your horses. You can help keep it in good condition by using a cover. Here are some of the top reasons to keep your horse float covered securely.
- To protect your horse float. Many people are unable to store their horse floats indoors. Using a cover helps protect it from the weather and the extreme temperatures of winter. It also helps prevent the damage that a horse float can sustain when exposed to excess moisture.
- To keep your horse float clean. A cover can keep your float considerably cleaner and better-looking, especially if you store it under trees or in areas where there is a lot of dust or debris. If you want to keep your horse float looking as new as possible for as long as possible, then keeping it covered is the way to go.
- To shield against the sun’s rays. Winter weather isn’t the only thing that can damage your horse float. The sun’s harsh UV rays will lead to the fading and wearing down of materials over time. If you keep your horse float outdoors in the sun, a cover can help keep it clean and protected year-round.
About Stormcovers and Suncovers
For 12 years, Stormcovers and Suncovers have been providing a wide range of protective storage solutions for vehicles, RVs, horse floats, and more throughout Australia and New Zealand. We offer custom-shaped, made-to-order covers, with added hail protection in the form of our special triple-layer technology. A strong-wearing horse float cover in Australia is essential if you want to keep your float in excellent condition and protect it from hail and other weather conditions. Contact us today to learn more.